Would you like to reduce pain and inflammation in your body? MLS Laser therapy should top the list of your priorities today. Although some drugs can help you avert the discomfort that comes with pain and inflammation, the therapy mentioned above has proved to be very effective in the recent past. To start with, MLS laser therapy stands for Multiwave Locked System laser therapy. Unlike other therapies, this one is non-invasive and safe to use.
It is has proved to be an effective treatment modality where light is used to relieve pain or any form of inflammation in the body. Consequently, the therapy can help heal the affected tissues and thus enable you to resume your normal duties at home. Whether you are experiencing pain in your hands or legs, this therapy is the ultimate solution for you. In this article, we shall take a closer look at it and how it works so that you can know it better.
How Does MLS Laser Therapy Work?
As mentioned above, MLS Laser therapy usually uses a multi-wave, fully robotic laser to minimize inflammation and pain in the affected area and thus promote healing. During this therapy, laser light is usually delivered at two therapeutic wavelengths to reach the right depths of the affected body tissues.
One of these wavelengths is delivered at 808 nanometers to minimize inflammation and swelling. The other wavelength is usually delivered at 905 nanometers to reach deeper tissues in your body.
Once this light gets into the damaged cells, it usually stimulates inter-cellular activity. To put into perspective, the wavelengths mentioned above usually trigger the production of enzymes and even help in the stimulation of mitochondria and ATP synthesis.
Besides this, these wavelengths help in increasing vasodilation in the affected area as well as lymphatic drainage. Finally, they help in the formation of collagen, which prevents scar tissues from being formed. Consequently, this therapy stimulates cell repair, tissue healing, and healthy growth of tissues.
It is important to note that beams of light at these wavelengths have proved to be very effective in the recent past as patients can heal fast. Whether the patient has acute injuries or chronic conditions, these wavelengths have proved to be a lifesaver for many people. Consequently, patients who had the conditions mentioned above have resumed their normal duties and become more productive once again.
Why Choose MLS Laser Therapy
The therapy mentioned above comes with several health benefits. Some of these health benefits include:
1. Boosts metabolism on the affected body part: Once you undergo this therapy, it will significantly boost cell metabolism within the affected part of the body. Be it your hand, leg, or ankle, cells present in these parts will start working faster. Here, worn-out cells will be repaired and thus shorten the recovery period.
2. Increases blood flow to the affected area: Besides boosting cell metabolism within the affected area, this therapy helps increase blood flow to the affected part. With an increased blood flow to the affected area, tissues around that area can get the much-needed nutrients to promote the healing and recovery process. In fact, new capillaries are created within the affected area, thus enabling the affected body tissues to get these nutrients with ease.
3. Helps to reduce swelling and inflammation: As we mentioned above, the therapy mentioned above can help keep any form of swelling and inflammation at bay. Here, any bad stuff will be removed, thus leaving our body in a healthy state.
4. Pain relief: Whether you feel pain on your knee, ankle, hand, or leg, this therapy can help you avert it as pain signals get blocked more effectively. Therefore, these signals will not be transmitted to your brain and thus, will leave you feeling more comfortable.
5. No side effects: Unlike other therapies that come with a plethora of side effects, this one is different as the patient will not experience any of them. This feature makes it a top choice for many patients struggling with pain and inflammation in their bodies.
6. Faster healing: Since blood will be able to flow well in the affected area, you can be sure that the wound or injury on your body will heal fast.
What Conditions Does MLS Laser Therapy Treat?
There are a number of conditions that MLS Laser therapy treats. Some of these conditions include:
- Knee pain
- Neck pain
- Muscle tears
- Plantar fasciitis
- Hip pain
- Post-surgical pain
- Spinal compression
- Shoulder pain
What Are The Side Effects Of MLS Laser Therapy?
Well, unlike other therapies, this one has no side effects. In fact, it has been cleared by FDA and is painless and safe to undertake for all those suffering from acute and chronic pain in various parts of the body.
Contraindications Of MLS Laser Therapy
Although MLS Laser therapy has proved to be effective in the recent past, it has a number of contradictions. As a result, it is not ideal for the following kinds of patients:
- Patients taking anticoagulants or drugs that are known to be sensitive to sunlight
- Patients suffering from a hemorrhagic condition
- Pregnant patients
- Patients with HIV/AIDS
- Patients who have seizure disorders that get triggered by light
- If the patient is using a pacemaker, this therapy should not be used around the thoracic area
- Patients who have cancerous tissues
- This therapy is not ideal on areas that have been injected with steroids in the past 3 weeks.
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
Does MLS Laser therapy hurt?
No. Patients who have undergone this therapy said that there was little or no sensation at all during the treatment.
How much does MLS Laser therapy cost?
Compared to other therapies, this one is quite affordable. If you want to undergo this therapy, you should be ready to spend between $50 and $80 per treatment. Besides this, different clinics might have different packages, and as a result, it is essential that you check what your clinic offers before settling for it.
How long does MLS Laser therapy sessions last?
A typical MLS Laser treatment takes between 10 and 15 minutes. However, this depends on several factors, such as the size of the affected area. If the affected area is large in size, the treatment process might take a little bit longer than usual. However, if the affected area is relatively small in size, be sure that the treatment process will take the least time possible, such as the duration mentioned above.
It is also imperative to note patients need to undergo 2 to 3 treatments per week. However, depending on the nature of the problem, the treatment plan might vary from one patient to another. Sometimes, the standard course of treatment can take between 6 and 12 visits.
How long does it take to recover from laser therapy?
Depending on the nature of your problem, you can expect to start healing after 10 days. However, there are instances; you might recover after 21 days. It all depends on the condition being treated by the chiropractor.
Is MLS laser therapy covered by insurance?
No. Insurance does not cover MLS Laser therapy. Therefore, you should have other sources of money so that you can cater for your treatment. You can expect to pay about $50 or more per treatment.
Does MLS Laser therapy work for neuropathy?
Yes. Like the therapeutic effects of this therapy have proved to be very effective in treating neuropathy and chronic pain in the past.
Does mayo clinic provide MLS Laser therapy?
Yes. One of the therapies conducted at Mayo clinic is MLS Laser therapy. In most cases, this therapy is used to treat neuropathy, among other health conditions.
How to find MLS Laser therapy near me?
If you want to find MLS Laser therapy near you, it is crucial that you seek recommendations from your relatives and family members first. Chances are that they might have a clue of where to find a clinic or a hospital that offers this therapy near you.
Better still, you can use Google to search for clinics or hospitals near you. All you need to do is switch the Google Location feature on and search for clinics offering these services near you.
Pain and inflammation should no longer stress you as MLS Laser therapy is there to solve all these problems on the go. Since this therapy is non-invasive and is painless, most people prefer it to other therapies. All you need to do is to make visits to your chiropractor as instructed, and you will be able to recover from pain and inflammation more effectively. Besides this, your injuries or wounds will heal fast after undergoing this therapy. Consider this therapy today, and you will not be disappointed.