Back pain is very common during pregnancy. Most pregnant women experience this pain, especially in the last trimester. You are gaining weight, and your extra weight puts a heavy strain on your back, which is one of the reasons for back pain; your body releases hormones so that ligaments become looser for the process of birth, and it induces the pain. You can minimize your back and overall pain by using back support in pregnancy also known as a belly band and taking the following steps-
- Maintain Good posture: Good posture means sitting properly and stands correctly. You can use a small pillow to support your back at the chair, also you can use pregnancy pillow during sleeping. A good posture can help to minimize the lower back pain.
- Do exercise: Exercise is an important factor during pregnancy. You can try gentle exercise which doesn’t give excessive pressure to your body like walking, swimming, yoga. Do not try any harsh movement. You can try Pilates or ballet barre workout.
- Physical activity: Regular physical activity can minimize your back pain. Try gentle activities, not too much work just your daily activities. It is so important during pregnancy for your internal support system. Doctor also recommends being active during this time.
- Try Massage: Try some massage application, it could be mild hot or cold both to helpful for alleviate the strain and reduce your stress and tiredness. It is a very traditional way, and have some positive impact on your body.
- Using flat shoes: Try to avoid high heels. You need proper arch support which you will get by using flat shoes. Keep your body safe, skip anything which is dangerous for you. A high heel can be risky in this situation.
- The pregnancy belly band is designed only for a pregnant woman that can give relief hip, back, and pelvic pain.
Top Back Support in Pregnancy/ Pregnancy Belly Band
Is it safe to wear a back support belt while pregnant?
Belly belt can wrap around your lower abdomen which provides support to your lower body, increase blood circulation. Studies show it has some potential benefits. It has proven that it is safe for pregnant women. It should have mild compression, too much pressure can be uncomfortable to you. Wearing a constrictive belt can be harmful to your health. You should avoid using it for extreme hot or if you have complications. You can consult your doctor before making the decision to use a pregnancy belt.
How back support belts help in pregnancy?
Using Belly bands have some potential benefits, wearing a belt can help you a lot. In pregnancy belly band help you by following ways-
- Gentle Compression: It provides gentle compression at your abdomen area which is helpful for your body support and you will be able to do daily activities. This compression will lift the abdomen and support the waist.
- Gives you support: It will support the abdomen, reduce discomfort, also gives support and flexibility for doing your regular activities. The support to make you active whole day throughout the pregnancy.
- Easier to exercise: This belt gives you enough stretch; lift the abdomen with light pressure, the abdominal pressure keeps you active and allows you to do any kind of exercise.
- Encourage posture: You need a healthy posture during this time. Proper posture cannot possible for all time because of your extra weight. The belt can facilitate proper posture and reduce back pain.
- Comfort: The maternity belt is soft and breathable, which can provide you excellent comfort. You will feel relax; it will support your abdomen and waist so that you will feel less pressure at your abdomen and will be comfortable.
Best Back Support in Pregnancy/ Pregnancy Belly Band
You may struggle with your back or others’ pain and don’t get any solution to be get rid of this pain. You can alleviate your pain by using a belly band or belt. A pregnancy belly band is designed to give back support which eases your pain and discomfort. Belly band can help not only for pain, but it will give also proper body support. It provides mild compression to your belly. It is very popular among pregnant women. You can adjust it at top of clothes or under clothes. It comes with different sizes, colors, fabric, and materials. It has an elastic panel to ensure the comfort to adjust with the bump.
You should be careful when you choose a belly band because some brands are made of poor materials and not effective for pregnant moms. We are introducing a few pregnancy belts in the following, we think it will help you to find out the best pregnancy belly band.
1. SEROLA® Sacroiliac Belt
The SEROLA SACROILIAC BELT is a breakthrough in biomechanics technology and is the GOLD STANDARD for supporting the pelvis, back, and hips. By uniquely stabilizing the sacroiliac joints (SI joint) at the base of the spine, the SEROLA BELT relieves back, hip, pelvic, and leg pain while relaxing the muscles and promoting healing. The SEROLA BELT treats Sciatica, SI Joint Dysfunction, Disc Herniation, Hip Degeneration, Lateral Canal Stenosis, Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction, Pelvic Girdle Dysfunction, Facet Syndrome, and more.
It is a conservative solution for those suffering from acute or chronic back pain, as well as for anyone doing repetitive bending, twisting, lifting, or prolonged sitting or standing.it will ensure core strength, improves mobility and circulation.
You can choose this Non-Slip, Hypoallergenic, Breathable, and Moisture-Wicking – 3” Wide, Slim, Cool and Comfortable belt.
- Conservative solution for those suffering from acute or chronic back pain
- Treats Sciatica, SI Joint Dysfunction, Disc Herniation, Hip Degeneration, Lateral Canal Stenosis, etc.
- Biomechanics technology
- Non-Slip, Hypoallergenic
- Breathable and Moisture-Wicking
- Slim, Cool and Comfortable
- Not durable
- Sometimes it hurts after long time use
- Hard to put on/off
2. Belly Bandit – Women’s Maternity 2-in-1 Bandit Band
The 2-in-1 Bandit is designed to work with your body during and after pregnancy. While your bump grows, our band comfortably lifts and supports you in all the right places. Then, once you’ve delivered, it becomes a hip wrap.
It alleviates pelvic pain by limiting the mobility of your pelvic joints and increases postural stability which can weaken during pregnancy as your center of gravity shifts. The Belly Bandit works with your body to provide a double dose of support and comfort, both during and after pregnancy.
The slim profile of the band offers multiple uses, as maternity support during pregnancy, or post-pregnancy for back and hip support or as a hip wrap. Wear after delivery to stabilize the hip and pelvic area.
- 2-in-1; during and after pregnancy
- Lift and support your growing belly post-delivery
- Reduce the strain on your back muscles
- Alleviate pelvic pain by limiting the mobility of your pelvic joints
- Increase postural stability
- Reduce discomfort during exercise
- The band is very wide
- It is bit heavy
3. Baby Belly Band Medium with Medium Compression Therapy Groin Straps Support by CABEA
The baby belly band was designed by a female health professional with safety and efficacy in mind. This belt has an Adjustable support system that includes maternity (abdominal and hip) support belt with add-on elastic back and compression therapy groin support bands.
The Babybelly Maternity support band (included) can be adjusted to your comfort and support needs to relieve lumbar, hip, and abdominal strain. It is made of 100% Soft durable neoprene, nylon, spandex outer fabric.
This maternity belt with groin band provides vulvar varicosities support and relieves back and pelvic floor pain – also ideal for C-section and hernia support. This vulvar support belt is made from durable neoprene material and sturdy Velcro that gently lifts the abdomen to relieve pelvic pressure.
- Soft durable neoprene, nylon, spandex outer fabric
- Provides vulvar varicosities support and relieves back and pelvic floor pain
- Adjustable and breathable
- Includes maternity (abdominal and hip ) support belt
- Abdominal band making removal and getting dressed easy
- Easy to care for, machine wash, low dry
- Bit expensive
- It can be painful to walk.
4. Pregnancy Support Back Support Protection by SKYWEE
A good maternity belt can help you a lot like this belt. These Belts are made from soft, breathable fabrics, and the maternal abdomen is made of polyamide and elastane, and the lightweight mesh design provides excellent breathability and comfort for a comfortable fit.
The support belt for pregnant women (up to 54 inches) stretches to the required size (L, XL, XXL, XXL) and can be adjusted during pregnancy and postpartum. You will like the curved design. It supports the waist and waist to relieve abdominal pressure and relieve sciatic nerves, hips, back, waist, pelvis and stomach pain, maternal belt pregnancy support to make you throughout pregnancy Stay active.
You can wear it for your daily activities, reduces bladder pressure, improves blood circulation, helps for healthy posture. You will get excellent customer service, also get a full refund if you are not satisfied.
- Soft, lightweight, breathable fabrics
- Suitable for running or exercising
- Skin-friendly, suitable for sensitive skin
- Natural curves
- Back support protection
- Provides Hip, Pelvic, Lumbar, and Lower Back Pain Relief
- Not very much durable
- Hard to on it
5. AZMED Breathable Pregnancy Back Support, Premium Belly Band
You need support with gentle compression that you will get from this belt, which helps ease the discomfort of pregnancy by supporting your baby bump. It is made from soft and lightweight materials, nobody will even notice you’re wearing one.
This elastic maternity belt gives support for pregnant women who seek relief from hip and pelvic pains and other common stretching pains during pregnancy also provides the lift you need to keep up with daily activities while correcting your posture and supporting abdominal muscles.
It supports the excess pregnancy weight to prevent straining your back by lessening spinal pressure effectively. It gives enough stretch and compression to reduce bladder pressure and distribute the baby’s weight more evenly. This belt comes in one convenient size that is fully adjustable and comfortable for everyday wear.
- Soft, lightweight and breathable
- It helps for correct posture
- Relieves lower back
- Prevent straining
- Convenient size that is fully adjustable
- Gentle compression
- Not suitable for big size woman
- It is hot and itchy
6. Gabrialla Elastic Maternity/Back Support Belt
This belt is designed for a pregnant mom, it is comfortable and flexible, perfect for day-long use. It can be adjusted to accommodate your body as it changes. The MS-96i is cotton lined and approved for use under clothing, while the MS-96 is elastic lined for use over the clothing.
In addition to helping support proper posture, the belt is designed to reduce the risk of stretch marks. A great exercising belt for moms that provides extra support during their workout as well as more stability and balance.
This product features a back pocket for cold and hot therapy relief and a warming design that increases blood flow to the lower back, loosens muscles and reduces pain.
- Comfortable and flexible
- Features a back pocket for cold and hot therapy relief
- Warming design that increases blood flow to the lower back
- Exercising belt for moms
- The two additional pulls are designed to regulate the tension and compression on the belly
- The hook-and-loop fastener is quick and easy to adjust
- Velcro part is not long enough
- Doesn’t stay in place
7. Maternity Support Belt by Flexguard
Flexguard maternity belt gives great support and offers relief from hip, pelvic, and back pains during pregnancy. It is fully adjustable to accommodate abdominal growth throughout pregnancy. This belt is so comfortable and flexible like a mini cradle for your growing baby.
It supports the excess pregnancy weight to prevent straining your back and Ideal for correcting poor posture and supporting weak abdominal muscles during pregnancy. It gives you tremendous relief from horrible back pain.
- Fully adjustable
- Comfortable and breathable
- Prevent straining your back
- Correcting poor posture
- Super supportive
- Velcro doesn’t stick after a few days
- Not durable
8. Maternity Belt, Lower Back, and Pelvic Support – Belly Band for Pregnancy, Nude by Babo Care
This maternity belt helps you get relief from hip, pelvic and sacroiliac pain, while further minimizing spinal strain, it is a great way to correct posture and support weak abdominal muscles during your pregnancy.
It is designed to be worn daily during your day to day activities, you do not have to limit your abilities while wearing this pregnancy brace. It is made of soft breathable material that can be comfortably worn under any clothing.
The elastic material allows the belt to stretch to your desired size, no need to worry about size anymore, one size fits all (UP TO 48 Inch, You will be able to wear this belly brace throughout your entire pregnancy.
- Relief from the hip, pelvic and sacroiliac pain
- Minimizing spinal strain
- Correct posture and support weak abdominal muscles
- Designed to be worn daily during your day to day activities
- It is made of a soft breathable and comfortable material
- The elastic material allows the belt to stretch to your desired size
- At the last time, pregnancy fabric wouldn’t hold the velcro
- You can feel itchy if you have sensitive skin
What to Consider Before Buying Postpartum Belly Wrap?
If you are looking good postpartum belly wrap, there are some certain factors you should consider:
- Comfort: Gentle compression is the main point when you will choose a pregnancy belly band. You need proper support and comfort, it should not be too tight, and it must be stretchy and adjustable with your body.
- Easy to use: You spend a long day with it, so it must comfortable and easy to use. If you struggle to wear it, if hard to adjust the band then it can be difficult for you. The band should be user-friendly, comfortable, and adjustable.
- Breathable fabrics: You need highly effective support, a good pregnancy belly band not only gives you support, but it should also be lightweight with breathable fabrics, which can ensure your enough compression.
- Durability: The right belt will be durable, because you use it for a long time in a day around 8 to 12 hours, and you need support until delivery so you should consider durability.
- Your Budget: You need a good amount of money during and pregnancy. So keep in the eye what you buy especially the belly band. Quality back support for pregnancy ranges from $40 to $80.
Frequently Ask Questions on Back Support in Pregnancy
When should you start wearing a belly band when pregnant?
Using the belly band depends on you, it is your choice when you want to start. It helps to alleviate your pain and when you feel that pain is increasing day by day, that time you can decide to wear a pregnancy belt. The specialist says to start from 6 months of pregnancy. Maximum of the pregnant woman just start to wear at 2nd trimester, because that time they feel they need proper belly support.
How much back support in pregnancy will I need?
You need a lot of support during pregnancy, especially you need strong your back, you need to sit up straight, and unfortunately, you can’t do. The belly band is really supportive for you, it’s dealing with all of pain and discomfort also helpful for correct posture. It is perfect to use a belly belt for total back support.
Does using back support hurt the baby during pregnancy?
The belt is generally fine and doesn’t give hurt your baby if you make the belt more constrictive, it has some potential risk that can affect your baby’s movement. The belt should be comfortable, lightweight, and breathable so that you can do all your stuff without any discomfort. Using a belt for too long time especially during sleeping is unnecessary, it has also side effects.
How tight should a back support Belt in pregnancy?
A maternity belt is your best solution, not work for only one solution. It will help you for the entire journey of pregnancy. You need support at your back and pelvic area, gentle compression ensures your support and comfort. You need light support when the belt is too tight actually it can make pain and create other difficulties because your muscle is already weakened.
A pregnancy belly band offers great support to your body, and you will be glad to use the pregnancy belt because it supports as your doctor, and ensure a happy journey during pregnancy at a reasonable price. We tried to introduce some best pregnancy belly bands for you among lots of brands; we think it will be easier and helpful for you.
Vanish your worst pregnancy pain, just pay attention to choosing a belt, a pregnancy belt can be your best friend during pregnancy unless you have cleared it with your consultant.