Ankle sprains are common injuries that athletes can experience. If you’re tormented by an injury on your ankle or worse, had surgery, likelihood is that you already know how painful it will be. One of the most effective rehabilitation gears that will assist you in these problems is the ankle brace. And a decent example of such an item is the Aircast AirSport ankle brace that not solely functions therapeutically however conjointly prophylactically.
AirSport incorporates a semi-rigid shell and foam-filled air-cells to provide comfort and support. Designed for the chronic sufferer of ankle sprains, the Airsport ankle brace provides comfort and support. Further compression and stabilization are provided by an ATF (anterior talofibular) cross strap and integral forefoot and shiny wraps.
This is one of the best ankle braces to use. The distinctive “step-in” design makes the Airsport extremely fast and simple to place on. This mix of compression and stabilization, plus the easy application makes the Airsport ankle brace ideal for active people or athlete’s convalescent from Grade I or II ankle sprains or those that are trying to prevent ankle sprains.
One of our popular sports ankle braces is to prevent a sprained ankle. Its light-weight, however, the snug plastic stirrups and Velcro straps offer ankle support and restraint. The Aircast AirSport brace offers the most support to your ankle joint, slightly over its other product, the Aircast A60 ankle brace.
Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace
If you’ve got any experience of ankle braces, then you’ll notice that the AirSport ankle support brace by Aircast may be a bit on the bulky side. However, this cannot be a bad issue since it aims for a slightly additional rigid design to forestall and aid recovery from high-grade ankle injuries. Amazingly, the merchandise still remains lightweight despite the bulk, for some advanced design options.
Other details of the Aircast AirSport ankle brace:
- Foam-filled Air-cell technology cushions and supports the ankle joint
- Available for left or right foot
- Unisex model for men and girls
- Semi-rigid shell supports and protects the ankle joint from inversion and eversion.
- Sizes available: additional tiny, small, medium, large, and extra-large
- Designed with coated cloth for sturdiness and latex-free
- Designed to support and defend chronic ankle joint instability and grade I and grade II ankle joint sprains.
- Adjustable Velcro strap
- Features the clinically tested Air-Stirrup brace that gives comfort and support to each side of the ankle joint.
- ATF cross-strap provides compression and stabilization
- Integral foot and glossy wraps provide extra compression and stabilization
- Best for baseball, basketball, softball, cheer, running, gymnastics, tennis, walking, hiking and daily activities
The Aircast brace brand conjointly provides ample breathing space to your entire foot up to your ankle joint. If you’re not yet aware, breathability is another vital feature that every one ankle joint braces ought to have. The advantages of a well-ventilated brace don’t seem to be only seen in those healing from an injury; however, it’s conjointly as useful for athletes. By preventing excessive sweating that typically comes with the physically demanding movements that sporty people do, skin irritations and bad odors also are diminished.
Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace Size
- X-Small (Shoe Size- up to 5)
- Small(Shoe Size 5.5 to 7)
- Medium (Shoe Size 7.5 to 11)
- Large (Shoe Size 11.5 to 13)
- X-Large (Shoe Size-13.5+)
- X-Small (Shoe Size- up to 5)
- Small(Shoe Size 5 to 8.5)
- Medium (Shoe Size 9 to 12.5)
- Large (Shoe Size 13 to 14.5)
- X-Large (Shoe Size-15+)
Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace Indications
- Chronic ankle joint instability
- An acute or chronic ankle joint injury
- Preventative ankle joint support
- Ankle Strains/Sprains
How Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace Work?
The Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace incorporates clinically well-tried air-stirrup brace features, such as a semi-rigid shell and air-cells, to provide comfort and support on either side of the ankle joint. This will even be very effective in the treatment of a sprained ankle joint, tarsal tunnel syndrome, and ankle joint instability or following a broken ankle joint. Having automatic heel width adjustment for simple application.
Additional compression and stabilization are provided by the ATF (Anterior Talo-Fibular ligament) Velcro cross strap and integral forefoot and shiny wraps. This compression is incredibly effective in the treatment of a swollen ankle joint. Once strapped in situ, this braces limits ankle joint movement to forestall the ankle joint rolling over.
Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace Pros
One of the most selling points of the AirSport brace by Aircast is its ideal compression, that keeps an injured ankle joint from swelling any more, however conjointly while not causing pain or being too restrictive. This is because of the unit’s impressive air-cell technology.
The stabilization of this brace is additionally well incorporated because of its ATF cross straps and its forefoot and shiny wrap. These facilitate to keep your foot in a very firm hold, so avoiding any unwanted aggravating motions.
Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace Cons
Although this brace will still be used throughout training or physical activities to forestall ankle joint sprains, its restricted range of motion may typically impede your full performance.
Overall, the Aircast AirSport ankle joint support brace is ideal if you’re recovering from injuries like Grade I or II ankle sprains. It’s additionally one among the simplest therapeutic suggests that for those recuperating from ankle joint surgery. Therefore, if you’re experiencing any of those physical impairments, then this medical brace can assist you to retreat to on your feet in no time.