Leukotape could be a rayon-backed rehabilitation tape with high durability. Its zinc oxide adhesive ensures that once wrapped, Leukotape can stay in situ for hours, even once a patient is active and in motion. Leukotape P is often hand-torn, though try to use a good pair of bandage scissors to keep the adhesive intact for best results. Leukotape employee together with Cover-Roll Stretch, a support adhesive bandage. The hypoallergenic Cover-Roll Stretch bandage acts as a primary layer, creating it ideal for patients vulnerable to skin allergies. We can use Leukotape for knee pain to cut back pain in knee osteoarthritis.
There are different taping methods; however, the common result is to exert a medially directed force on the patella to increase the patellofemoral contact space, decrease joint stress, and reduce pain. A physical therapist will perform taping; however, self-taping, which reinforces self-management. Taping for knee degenerative joint disease has National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Level I proof of effectivity for pain relief and is related to negligible adverse effects that embody minor skin irritation.
Knee Pain Condition: Knee osteoarthritis is the most common explanation for knee pain in individuals over fifty. Mal alignment of the patella, with the abnormal distribution of force on the lateral aspect, is believed to contribute to knee osteoarthritis pain.
Top 2 Leukotape For Knee Pain
|1. Leukotape P – 1.5 x 15 yards|
|2. Cover-Roll Stretch – 2″ x 10 yards|
How To Use Leukotape For Knee Pain
We apply the Leukotape before painful activities, like the exercise, but the tape may be in situ for days to weeks depending on adhesion sturdiness. Before applying the tape, it should be necessary to shave the skin, and it should do that 12 hours before applying the tape. Make sure the skin is clean and dried before applying the tape.
Ask the patient to perform a symptom-provoking activity like a step down before applying the tape so that the pain level is re-assessed following the tape application. Better results will be obtained if immediate reductions in pain will be obtained with tape.
Apply the tape with the patient either lying or sitting on the edge of a chair with the leg extended and also the thigh muscles relaxed.
We can use several taping strategies. The selection depends on that combination is most effective at reducing the patient’s pain. Before placing each portion of the rigid tape, place many hypoallergenic tape strips across the knee region to cover the patella and the medial and lateral knee regions.
Leukotape For Knee Pain -Technique
The taping technique, represented below, includes steps one and 2 with or without step three.
- Medial tilt and medial glide: Start the tape within the middle of the patella, at the level of the patella’s superior aspect, elevate the skin on the medial aspect of the knee towards the patella and pull the tape medially. Fix the tape to the medial side of the knee in need of the hamstring tendons, ensuring there’s some slight wrinkling of the skin. This tilts the lateral patellar border away from the thighbone.
- Aneroposterior tilt and medial glide: Start the rigid tape on the lateral aspect of the knee at the level of the patella’s superior aspect. Gently elevate the skin on the knee’s medial aspect towards the patella as you pull the tape medially. Fix the tape to the medial side of the knee simply short of the hamstring tendons, ensuring there’s some slight wrinkling of the skin.
- Unloading the infrapatellar fat pad and reducing the stretch of inflamed soft tissues: Start the tape at the tibial tubercle and elevate the soft tissue towards the patella, whereas firmly propulsion the tape to the medial joint line. Repeat with the second piece of tape; however, firmly pull the tape toward the lateral joint line.
Best 2 Leukotape For Knee Pain
1. Leukotape P – 1.5 x 15 yards
Leukotape P – 1.5in x 15yds. For Patella-femoral and Shoulder taping.
- Rigid robust tape.
- Used for Patella-femoral and Shoulder taping.
- Use with Cover-Roll.
- This Product Contains Latex.
2. Cover-Roll Stretch – 2″ x 10 yards
Non-woven adhesive bandage. To be used with Leukotape.
- Used with Leukotape.