Chondromalacia patella is one of the foremost common causes of knee pain and occurs once the cartilage on the bottom of the patella begins to soften and deteriorate. This condition presents with general knee pain, called patellofemoral pain. Some people could experience cracking or grinding sensations once extending or bend their knees. Worse, the pain results from standing for a prolonged period because of the pressure placed on the knee region.
Wearing a knee brace for chondromalacia patella support can facilitate absorb the shock and offloading the pain while serving to align the patella to assist it to keep tracking in place. Athletes who play or take part in running, soccer, baseball, snowboarding, and volleyball have a higher risk of injury. Chondromalacia patella is that the inflammation on the bottom of the patella or kneecap and deterioration of the cartilage. The cartilage in your kneecap provides the cushion and could be a shock absorber.
Chondromalacia patella is typically mentioned as patellofemoral pain syndrome and also the key thing to remember is that patellofemoral pain syndrome doesn’t-involve cartilage injury. The foremost common reason behind chondromalacia is overuse or muscle weakness within the injured leg. Because the cartilage wears over time and also the knee cap rubs the side, you will hear grinding or clicking and feel the irritation that causes pain. The most effective treatment for managing chondromalacia is resting, icing, bracing, anti-inflammatory medication, and physiotherapy exercises to repair muscle imbalances within the quadriceps femoris, hamstring, hips, glutes, and calves. Surgery isn’t generally needed.
Top 5 Knee Brace For Chondromalacia Patella
|1. DonJoy Performance Webtech Knee Brace|
|2. DonJoy Webtech Short Knee Brace|
|3. Shock Doctor 865 Knee Compression Sleeve With Open Patella|
|4 Well Patella Support|
|5. Premium J™ Patellofemoral Knee Brace by Bio|
What to Look Knee Brace For Chondromalacia Patella:
- Type: You must look at the types of braces available to search out one that may benefit the damaged cartilage in your knee. The four most typical sorts include sleeves, stabilizers, supports, and hinges.
- Style: There are two basic sorts of knee braces: wrap around and slip-on. Wrap-around knee braces are often placed behind or in front of the knee and adjusted with straps. slip-on braces merely put on over the foot and up to the knee region.
- Patella: Another common feature of knee braces is the open-and-close patella. Both open-and-closed patella knee brace styles are appropriate for people with chondromalacia as they both work to provide further compression to the knee.
- Size: Size is a very important feature once buying the best knee brace for chondromalacia patella. you would like your brace to fit firmly; However, it is not too tight that it interferes with the healing process or causes other pain.
Best 5 Knee Brace For Chondromalacia Patella
1. DonJoy Performance Webtech Knee Brace
DonJoy Performance Webtech Knee Brace features an innovative three-part system that is ideal for alleviating common sorts of knee pain usually associated with sports injuries, overuse injuries, and chronic conditions.
Patented silicone web technology works to suspend, align, and cushion the hinge joint structure, an ergonomic compression-shaped back pad adjusts merely to optimize work and comfy, and a four-way stretch lycra/mesh undersleeve eliminates hot spots and provides one more layer of protection. This combination delivers one of the lightest, most breathable and comfy knee braces available nowadays, a real cushion for your knee.
- Silicone web technology helps absorb shock and shift loads from the painful space of the knee
- Dual-Axis hinges work with the web for improved match and articulation
- Compression-shaped back pad with a mesh for optimum comfort and breathability
- Undersleeve with stash pocket and anti-migration technology
- TPR pull tabs for simple on/off
- Reflectivity for enhanced visibility in low light conditions
Measurement: Measure up six inches from the center of your knee with a tape measure then take the circumference of your thigh and measure down six inches from the center of your knee then measure the circumference of your calf.
- 13.0”-15.5” (Thigh Circumference)
- 12″-13″ ( Knee Center Circumference)
- 10″-12″ (Calf Circumference)
- 15.5″-18.5″(Thigh Circumference)
- 13″-14″ ( Knee Center Circumference)
- 12″-14″(Calf Circumference)
- 18.5″-21″(Thigh Circumference)
- 14″-15″( Knee Center Circumference)
- 14″-16″(Calf Circumference)
- 21.0″-23.5″(Thigh Circumference)
- 15″-17″ ( Knee Center Circumference)
- 16″-18″(Calf Circumference)
- 23.5″-26.5″(Thigh Circumference)
- 17″-19″( Knee Center Circumference)
- 18″-20″(Calf Circumference)
2. DonJoy Webtech Short Knee Brace
DonJoy Performance Webtech Short knee brace features an innovative three-part system that is right for relieving common sorts of knee pain usually related to sports injuries, overuse injuries, and chronic conditions. Specifically, the Short Knee options a unique web structure that equally distributes pressure over the extensor muscle and patellar Tendons, and helps to stabilize the patella and ensure correct tracking.
The compression shaped back pad adjusts simply to optimize work and comfort, and a four-way stretch lycra/mesh undersleeve eliminates hot sports and provides one more layer of protection. Compared to the Webtech knee brace, the Short Knee is more or less 50% shorter that makes it ideal for relieving pain usually related to tendonitis, commonly mentioned as runner’s and jumper’s knee.
- Silicone web surrounds and stabilizes the patella to make sure correct tracking
- Strategic bracing style helps fight a good type of knee pain, whereas permitting full mobility
- Compression shaped back pad with the mesh for optimum comfort and breathability
- Undersleeve with anti-migration technology
- TPR pull tabs for simple on/off
- Reflectivity for increased visibility in low light conditions
Measurement: Same as above DonJoy Performance Webtech Knee Brace and sizes are also same.
3. Shock Doctor 865 Knee Compression Sleeve With Open Patella
The lightest brace on the list. This permits you to slide it on and go while not having to worry concerning your knee cap tracking. This features a settled outer edge of the kneecap opening.
The brace is basically light-weight; Therefore, it doesn’t get within the way once bending the knee totally or once attempting to play sports. It’s one among the few braces that you simply really forget you’re carrying it.
- This brace is extraordinarily comfy. The fabric is soft and cozy on the skin. The curving style fits nicely on the leg and doesn’t limit movement.
- The open back style with mesh is basically nice. Have you ever every smelled sweat from behind the knee? It’s not pretty. Plus, with the open patella style permits the flow of air through the total brace.
- The brace has an open patella style that permits support on the knee cap while not pressure too much. The buttress edges work nicely for anyone that wants that little bit of stability.
Measurement: To choose the correct size, measure the circumference of your knee 2 inches/5 cm below the center of your patella.
- XS 29.2cm – 31.8cm (Knee)
- S 31.12cm – 33.66cm (Knee)
- M 33cm – 35.6cm (Knee)
- L 34.92cm – 37.47cm (Knee)
- XL 36.8cm – 40.6cm (Knee)
- XXL 40.01cm – 43.81cm (Knee)
- XXXL 43.2cm – 47cm (Knee)
4 Well Patella Support
The 4Well neoprene brace could be a nice choice for several reasons. It will fit numerous sizes of knees rising to 18 inches, is adjustable to completely different knee shapes, fits either knee and features a nice patella stabilizing ring to assist with alignment. Also, a good possibility if there’s any history of different injuries like arthritis or different ligament injuries.
Stabilized Open Knee Support uses metal spiral stays to assist support the knee complex while still permitting controlled and versatile movement. The open patella style with stitched buttress helps with patellar tracking while providing additional support and serving with overall stability by eliminating glide and twisting at the knee. Weight-bearing pressure throughout the movement is more evenly distributed over the joint, serving to with arthritis and meniscus pain. The durable heat therapeutic synthetic rubber helps with rheumatoid knees, chronic aches, and stiffness. Dynamic support, ideal for occupational use, summer and winter sporting activities like lawn tennis, skiing, and golf.
- Patellar stabilizing brace with anti-Slip silicon grip to stop slippery and slippage
- This brace is the light-weight and soft. The brace is simple to hold and provides support on each medial and lateral side of the patella
- Improves your performance Keeps your muscles in situ and reduces muscle fatigue
- Compression sleeve improves blood flow and boosts performance throughout sports or everyday activities.
- Reduces the chance of injury by promoting quicker muscle tune-up minimizes muscle oscillation and micro-tearing
- Compression reduces the risk of deep vein thrombosis and enhances stability with improved alignment
Measurement: 4 Well Patella Support fits from 12” to 19” knees circumference and it too has additional silicon anti-slip strips to fix it in place and counter sliding and slippage.
5. Premium J™ Patellofemoral Knee Brace by BioSkin
They design the Premium J Brace to properly track your patella, decrease pain, and gain you back to activity. A buttress on the outside of the kneecap prevents dislocation of the patella. two elastic straps crisscross over the kneecap to use compression and properly seat the patella within the trochlear groove. This will increase the surface contact space of the joint, permitting it to figure additional efficiently and reduce pain.
They construct Premium J from stratus Material for the best ratio of comfort and compression. The compression is employed to extend circulation, scale back swelling, and enhance recovery.
- The BioSkin’s material will an excellent job of providing compression to manage to swell and facilitate with overall pain levels. This compression will be an excellent job of not being too tight.
- This brace will precisely what they design it to do; provide your knee cap support. It provides each medial and lateral support well by using the two elastic straps which will be adjusted.
- The material is nice. The Bioskin is skinny, breathable, and durable that’s conjointly hypoallergenic. Latex-free and neoprene free. It will be nice with sweat despite the complete coverage.
Measurement of Premium J™ Patellofemoral Knee Brace by BioSkin